Careers - Business Systems Analyst
Through a unique combination of application development, innovative design and domain expertise, GryphTech offers a full suite of IT services including packaged technology solutions, custom software development, mobile applications, hosting and site design. We power one of the world's largest international real estate databases. Our proven multilingual, multicultural and multicurrency solutions support over 32 languages in over 70 countries worldwide.
GryphTech was founded in 1997 as a software development and Internet-hosting company. Our focus is on innovative solutions that take advantage of the Internet and Internet-related technologies. We create browser-based, database-driven business solutions and create and host innovative and interesting websites. Our clients belong to various domains including, but not limited to, real estate, insurance, and large retail operations.
GryphTech fosters a dynamic working environment where we constantly challenge each other to learn and grow, while achieving and surpassing the company's goal and objectives.
Our headquarter is in Toronto with an additional office in Lisbon, Portugal. All development and support is done at our Toronto headquarters.
GryphTech seeks an IT professional that consults with client organizations to determine technology requirements that support organizational business goals. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable technologist with strong communication skills specifically seeking a smaller environment where they will impact the direction of the organization and be a key contributor to the overall success of the business.
The business analyst will report to the Lead Product Manager and will perform detailed application design and specification and serve as a conduit between account managers and/or our clients and the development organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Lead Product Manager to document a feature’s vision and scope
- Write requirements specifications using standard templates
- Write detailed workflow descriptions for all use cases of a feature. Define the feature’s behavior for all expected and error conditions
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by programmers and QA analysts
- Participate in requirements prioritization
- Participate in feature walk-throughs and be able to clearly articulate how a feature is intended to perform
- Effectively track the progress of defining a feature
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements definitions
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using prototyping tools
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related role
GryphTech offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package, including a generous benefits program.
Please send a current copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (and please include your salary expectations)