We have an exciting opportunity for a full time permanent Product Owner. You will be responsible for working with Clients and Project Team(s) to drive the project vision and take ultimate ownership for the Product direction & roadmap. You will work and negotiate directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into requirements / backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own / drive / present the product vision & roadmap to ensure the company and clients’ needs are addressed.
- Translate high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements with the appropriate level of detail suitable for use by Development & Quality Assurance.
- Define & prioritize the backlog of work & maintain a well-groomed product backlog list.
- Write detailed workflow descriptions for all use cases of a feature, participate in feature walk-throughs, and be able to clearly articulate how a feature is intended to perform.
- Ensure business requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurate to meet business needs.
- Partner with the technical staff to interpret business needs, assist in solution design, and deliver the expected result.
- Interface with Quality Assurance (QA) to investigate defects, provide clarification and ensure solution alignment to technical requirements.
- Participate/own user group meeting varying in scope and complexity, including preparation materials and post session follow up / action items.
Required work related experience:
- Candidates with experience in Web & SEO experience / expertise is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively build relationships and influence decisions.
- Product strategy & roadmap planning knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of software platforms, databases & web applications.
- Basic knowledge of business analysis practices, especially requirements gathering and related document creation.
- Analytical, evaluation and problem-solving skills, to assess client requirements and translate these into functional / information documentation.
- Must have prior experience with SaaS web based applications & sites (ideally in Real Estate).
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be a benefit: API / 3rd Party Integrations, Google Analytics / Tag Manager / Mobile Development / Aha! (Or other Product Management Tools).
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress every day
- On site company sponsored gym membership (50%)
- Health and Dental plan
- Company matched RRSP plan
- Additional days off provided during summer
- Breakfast Fridays: free breakfast included every Friday!
- Modern and open workspace with a great lunch room and lots of natural light
- Free coffee and tea
- Social Committee to plan super fun corporate events
- Company-sponsored events: bowling, lunches, etc.
- Competitive salary
About GryphTech Inc.
Founded in 1997 GryphTech is a growing internationally focused SaaS development company providing solutions that exponentially grow our clients businesses. Our clients are located in Canada, the United States, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Through a unique combination of application development, innovative design and domain expertise, GryphTech offers a full suite of IT services including packaged technology solutions, custom software development, mobile applications, hosting and site design.
The company’s proven multilingual, multi-site and multicurrency Real Estate, Retail and Mobile solutions support 35 languages and have been deployed by over sixty customers in seventy countries around the globe.
At Gryphtech, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported as such we are committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process and wish to learn more about our accommodation policies, contact us.
Please send a current copy of your resume to email@example.com (and please include your salary expectation)