OpportunityWe have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Manager to oversee the software development teams and work closely with Senior Management and our Product team to deliver high quality solutions to our customers. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Software Development Manager will oversee the planning, architecture, coding, testing and documentation of the company’s multi-tenant cloud based applications. As a motivated team player and coach, you will help to lead a high performing software development team to fulfill GryphTech’s long-term software product roadmap. GryphTech operates using a hybrid of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accountable for technology delivery of projects across 4 or 5 teams and product lines
- Oversee the Project Management function for following the processes and software development lifecycle
- Oversee the QA function and apply best practices related to QA and automated testing
- Deliver waterfall projects with the right balance of: Quality, Time and Budget
- Work closely with business executives, and product owners to review project scope and estimates and help deliver cost effective solutions
- Staff projects for success, working with cross functional internal teams as well as vendors
- Drive best practice in architecture, testing, development and deployment activity
- Work closely with project management team to ensure delivery of milestones and alignment to best practices
- Manage stakeholder expectations effectively and with a customer first orientation
- Manage scope and ensure proper change management process
- Work with internal teams to plan for the deployment of releases through the dev/test/stage and production environments
- Oversee the project process and project team including effective and timely status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Periodic performance reviews of all team members on the Development, QA and Project Management teams
- Oversee the recruiting process to build a highly effective team to deliver high quality and efficient product releases
- The successful candidate will be required to work with senior level development leaders and partner with other Department Managers
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates we are seeking should have the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to establish strong relationship with cross-functional teams and our business partners
- Knowledge and experience in project management best practices in relation to software development
- Ability to manage escalations, delays and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership, creative problem-solving, planning and organization skills
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independent of supervision and management.
Required work related experience:
- At least 3 years of team lead / management experience
- At least 5 years of full stack web based .Net development experience
- Experience using Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, MS Project, MS Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The ability to understand and influence system architecture and design with proven educational background or relevant work experience
- Must have experience working with web-based projects with considerable UI elements
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects
- Full life cycle development experience
Nice to have skills that would set you apart:
- Experience in the Real Estate Technology industry
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service solutions
- Experience with Azure, .NET and MS SQL
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress every day
- Company sponsored gym membership (50%)
- Health and Dental plan
- Company matched RRSP plan
- Additional days off provided during summer
- Breakfast Fridays: free breakfast included every Friday!
- Modern and open workspace with a great lunch room and lots of natural light
- Free coffee and tea
- Social Committee to plan fantastic office & corporate events, team outings, Summer BBQ lunches etc.
- In office game areas and free parking
About GryphTech Inc.
Founded in 1997 GryphTech is a growing internationally focused SaaS development company providing solutions that exponentially grow our clients businesses. Our clients are located in Canada, the United States, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Through a unique combination of application development, innovative design and domain expertise, GryphTech offers a full suite of IT services including packaged technology solutions, custom software development, mobile applications, hosting and site design.
The company’s proven multilingual, multi-site and multicurrency Real Estate, Retail and Mobile solutions support 35 languages and have been deployed by over sixty customers in seventy countries around the globe.
At Gryphtech, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported as such we are committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process and wish to learn more about our accommodation policies, contact us.
Please send a current copy of your resume to email@example.com (and please include your salary expectation)