Java Mobile Developer
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Java Mobile Developer to work closely with Product and the rest of the Development team to deliver mobile solutions to augment the rest of our platform tools. Reporting directly to the Development Manager, this role will be a key player in overseeing the development and testing of the company’s mobile applications. As a motivated team player you will help to bring a higher level of mobile app standards to fulfill GryphTech long-term software product road map.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and develop mobile apps using “build once-deploy many” platforms like CodeName One and Xamarin
- Aim for best practice, defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Identify code issues and maintain processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed).
- Configure and develop custom components with technology partners (analysts, developers, designers etc.) to meet requirements and goals.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding errors (and follow standard mobile development best practices).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Demonstrate high level of proactivity and strong ownership.
- Communicate effectively both inside and outside the team to achieve results and build strong relationships.
- Develop a good understanding of the company’s products and customer’s needs
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates we are seeking should have the following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to establish strong relationship with cross-functional teams and our business partners
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Required work related experience:
- 5+ years of experience developing Java client applications (e.g. Swing, JavaFX, GWT, Codename One, SWT).
- 5+ years of experience developing and integrating with REST client services
- Experience with IntelliJ, Eclipse, or NetBeans
- Solid understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Readiness and motivation to address and resolve complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Commitment to the quality of your deliverables
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in the Real Estate Technology industry
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service solutions
- Experience with .Net Framework, C#, SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience with MVVM design pattern
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress every day
- On site company sponsored gym membership (50%)
- Health and Dental plan and Company matched RRSP plan
- Additional days off provided during summer
- Breakfast Fridays: free breakfast included every Friday!
- Modern and open workspace with a great lunch room and lots of natural light
- Free coffee and tea
- Social Committee to plan fantastic office & corporate events, team outings, Summer BBQ lunches etc
- Company-sponsored events: bowling, lunches, etc.
- Competitive salary
About GryphTech Inc.
Founded in 1997 GryphTech is a growing internationally focused SaaS development company providing solutions that exponentially grow our clients businesses. Our clients are located in Canada, the United States, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Through a unique combination of application development, innovative design and domain expertise, GryphTech offers a full suite of IT services including packaged technology solutions, custom software development, mobile applications, hosting and site design.
The company’s proven multilingual, multi-site and multicurrency Real Estate, Retail and Mobile solutions support 35 languages and have been deployed by over sixty customers in seventy countries around the globe.
At Gryphtech, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported as such we are committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process and wish to learn more about our accommodation policies, contact us.
Please send a current copy of your resume to [email protected] (and please include your salary expectation)